Friday, May 18, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (2)


1. My Dad is here from B.C. to visit for the week. I haven't seen him since our wedding in July. 

2. Peter and I took the bus to the airport to meet my Dad and the bus driver lowered the bus down for me to get on. I didn't think I was that enormous . . . yet.

3. Apparently our baby likes Shakespeare. Peter and I went to see King Lear yesterday and the baby kicked the whole time.

4. I've started letting Lola out on the front lawn every day so she can be distracted by the sights and smells while I give her a brush. Because she's a longhair, her fur gets very matted. Hopefully constant brushing will help.

5. Earlier today, Peter and I came downstairs and found the screen door open, Lola in the backyard and Big Papi missing. I finally found her in our neighbour's backyard hanging out with two fellow black cats. 

6. Here is my first-world problem of the day: I went to a conference this morning and it ended with a fancy sit-down lunch. When I found out it was a plated meal, I was so disappointed because I was starving and was looking forward to having numerous helpings at the buffet. Instead I just ate my meal and some of my girlfriend's. First world pregnant lady problem, indeed.

7. Because Peter and my Dad are going to spend the next week doing outdoor heavy-labour projects, I am in charge of cooking. I'm a little intimidated because both of them are amazing cooks. 

More quick takes here.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been pregnant, but I've had drivers lower the bus to assist me with my carry-on suitcase. I am a firm believer that if you can't *carry* your carry-on, you should carry it on. Making the bus kneel does make me feel a little silly, but I appreciate the Southern courtesy all the same. :)

    ReplyDelete