Friday, August 10, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (14)


1. Sad news: Baby Beluga died this week. I was obsessed with that Raffi song when I was a little girl. I was about 1 1/2 when my Auntie Jane was expecting my cousin Don and my Mom was expecting my sister Laura and I forced both of them to listen to that song constantly. It is a glorious song though!

2. Peter and I had our first appointment with our new family doctor yesterday. We had a lowest blood pressure competition and Peter won. He also won the height competition (shocking, I know!) and the weight competition (phew!) I have to go back next week for my first B.C. prenatal appointment. 

3. Peter is going to be the play-by-play announcer for the Prince George Spruce Kings for all their home games. I can't wait to hear him on the radio!  

4. I was very sad last week when I found out that all the Prince George prenatal classes were full. But yesterday I heard that enough couples have inquired about classes in August and September that the instructor is going to run another class. I'm excited!

5. I now have a hyphenated last name on my driver's licence. Fifteen-letter last names are the most glorious names of all names!

6. Here are three sweaters my extremely talented mother knit for our baby:


7. My sister, my mother and I had lunch together yesterday. I can't remember the last time the three of us hung out together by ourselves. It's been at least three years. My sister is pet-sitting for four dogs and two cats so we went to visit her.

More quick takes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment