Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bad Day

Yesterday was a bad day.

It began with a horrible sleep. Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night with a sore back and sore legs and sore arms . . . pretty much sore everything. (Strangely, I still feel fine during the day.) Yesterday's sleep, however, was particularly bad.

Then A Cat Who Shall Not Be Named chewed through our radio antenna. Because the satellite radio only works in the bedroom, Peter set it up to broadcast through our actual radio in the kitchen. (I have no idea how this works. Magic perhaps?) But now, thanks to one jerkface cat, the kitchen radio no longer works. I feel horrible for Peter because listening to satellite radio is his No. 1 hobby other than sports. And sometimes he listens to the satellite radio about sports and then he is extra happy. (The equivalent for me is when I find cat clues in crossword puzzles.)

So then I went to the Government of Canada office to sort out my maternity leave benefits. Because I was laid off while I was pregnant and I also moved provinces, I knew my situation was already complicated. But then there was a discrepancy between date I reported I started working for my professors in May and the date they reported so my file was red flagged. I was so upset I started crying hysterically in the government office. It was horrible.

After that I went to buy diapers for our baby and the store only had one left.

Then I drove down to pick Peter up after work and I was turning left and a jerkface ran a red light and almost hit me. I was terrified!

Thankfully my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day improved from there. The tacos were delicious, I had a lovely visit with my sister and I caught up on my scrapbooking.

And thankfully, Peter is able to listen to the satellite radio through an iPad app, I found a Prince George-based website that sells diapers, my maternity leave benefits are going to begin eventually and our glorious minivan remains uncrashed.

Today, so far, has been a much better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment