Monday, October 1, 2012

Random Baby Things


 • Last night I had a nightmare that a man tried to kidnap Mary and I was trying to fend him off by scratching his face and pulling his hair. It was the worst dream ever. I get chills even remembering it.

• Mary has her first doctor's appointment this afternoon. We are keeping our fingers and cat paws crossed that she is gaining weight. Fortunately, she did spend all weekend eating and sleeping.

• My mother-in-law is coming to visit in nine days! Mary can't wait to meet her grandma (and another one of her namesakes.)

• We took Mary to mass with us yesterday. I dressed her up in my blue dress from when I was a baby and she looked extra adorable. She wimpered a bit at first but then she slept through the rest of the service. I was so proud to show her off!

• Mary's umbilical cord fell off last night. She's only a week old and she's already growing and changing!

• We've been using cloth diapers since we got home from the hospital and so far they are working great.

• I've been going for a two-hour nap every evening while Peter and Mary hang out and watch sports. It makes such a difference!

• Depending on how Mary and I are feeling this week, we may try out a baby massage class or go to a breastfeeding support group or baby activity time at the library. We're so blessed that all of these activities are free! I'm really hoping to make some friends.

• I also signed Mary up for a free baby yoga class that is about a five minute walk from our house. The class has a waiting list so Mary is signed up for the January session.

• In non-baby news, the ground beef we bought is now part of the extended recall. Boo hiss.

• Also, you should read this extremely sad article Peter wrote last week. I think it is my favourite thing he's ever written. (And that is saying a lot because I am his biggest fan!)

No comments:

Post a Comment