Monday, December 10, 2012

Menu (9)


 Last week I stuck very close to our menu. We ran out of carrots and broccoli, so I had to switch up some of our side dishes.

I made six new recipes this week, beginning with the One Pot Chicken Dinner, which was amazing. We also both loved the Spinach Pesto and Pasta. I'll definitely make that again.

I think I messed up the Garlic Chicken recipe somehow. It was good, but not as good as when my friend made it. I think I'll try it again and maybe use a slightly different recipe.

I also made Green Bean Caesar, which I loved and Peter thought was mediocre, and Spinach and Rice Casserole, which Peter loved and I thought was mediocre.

We don't have much to use up this week. We only did a small grocery shop last week so our fridge was almost empty by Friday. We do have a lot of food in the freezer that we will be eating up this week.

So here's our menu:

Saturday:
Tacos 

Sunday:
African Peanut Soup (I'm using my mother-in-law's recipe but the one I linked to is similar)
Sourdough bread (made by my dad)

Monday:
Chicken Caesar Salad
Garlic Bread

Tuesday:
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches (from the freezer)
Salad

Wednesday:
Sole with Lemon Spinach
Broccoli and Carrot Casserole 
Salad

Thursday:
Slower-Cooker Lasagna (from the freezer)
Salad
Cooked spinach

Friday:
Italian Parmesan Baked Chicken
Rice
Steamed Carrots and Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment