Thursday, June 27, 2013
Seven Quick Takes (33)
1. Remember that articling job interview I had? I got the job! I am very excited. I wish I could start right away. Now I just have to finish law school!
2. On that note, I still don't know if I can transfer to the University of Manitoba. They aren't going to start assessing my application until July and I may not know until August. Boo hiss. Peter and I were talking yesterday about our back-up plan and came to the conclusion that we don't really have one.
3. In happier news, Mary pulled herself up on the coffee table for the first time yesterday. Then when Peter got home from work, she pulled herself up on his sock drawer. I was so pleased that he got to see her show off her new skill. She was very proud of herself.
4. In sadder news, Mary used her new-found skill to pull down her CD player today and got her first bruise. I was extremely upset! Peter rightly pointed out that this will be the first of many bumps and bruises. He's right, but I'm still sad for my poor Cute Lute.
5. Last weekend our friends from Kamloops came to visit and we had a splendid time. They have a five-year-old daughter and a three-year-old son and they were both lovely to Mary. And Mary loves big kids!
6. Peter's favourite team just lost the home opener. I started writing this post with less than three minutes left in the game and it just ended. The last few minutes of football games take forever! The one good thing is that Peter is now 1-0 in his CFL picks column.
7. Here are some glorious photos for you to enjoy: